From the time of the June 16, 2016 meeting
, until last month, progress has been slow. However, over the past couple of months we have the following accomplishments to share with you.
- We have selected co-chairs and members of the Steering Committee
- Steering Committee meetings will take place on the last Monday of the month from 3-4 ET
- We developed RoundTable Goals and Objectives
- We finalized the three Working Groups
- The group co-chairs have assembled a team of 4-6 members who will perform the bulk of work and the others will serve in an ad hoc capacity.
- Group 2/4 received a FDA Critical Path (FDA) grant to achieve their goals
- Working Group 3 is close to completing their charge
- Groups 1 and 2/4 are in the beginning phase of their tasks
- We have added an ethics/bioethics component to the project.
- An application was prepared and sent to MDEpiNet for their review. It is now being reviewed by their Steering Committee and FDA is optimistic of approval.
- We have presented this project to the MDEpiNet semi-annual meeting on May 16th.
- We have presented this project at FDA Grand Rounds on May 18th.
- Dr. Kusiak developed an outline and timeline for a proposed White Paper
- We are entertaining writing an article about this project for publication in a journal, such as, The New England Journal of Medicine or Journal of the Medical Association
This project is all about TMJ patients and everyone in the RoundTable recognizes this is “all about the patients.” We are grateful for the value the patients bring to the table – value gleaned through your experiences living with and through not only temporomandibular disorders but the treatments.
We look forward to a robust, productive year ahead!